About John Thornton
- John Thornton BA (Hons) F Inst. SMM
- John is the founder and Managing Director of TPA.
- He has wide experience of working in both the private and public sector.
- John's career started with a management-training program for Kwik Save before moving to Gallaher, initially as a sales representative prior to a secondment to the cigar marketing division where he worked on the Hamlet and Manikin brands.
- His experience was expanded into the public sector during a successful period with the highly innovative Warrington and Runcorn Development Corporation.
- His career moved via Granada to Thresher as Marketing Planning Manager. During this time John developed a number of key brands including the innovative Wine Rack. He instigated the segmentation of the Thresher estate prior to being promoted to a senior role with the Whitbread Group.
- Subsequently John was head-hunted by the Greenalls Group and was part of the management buy out team that formed the Parisa Group.
- John formed Thornton Perry Associates in 2003 and has successfully managed the business and grown the customer base ever since.